Job No: AA112021
The Grant Thornton team continues to grow its market presence across Bahrain, supporting dynamic clients to unlock value through the diverse services which we offer. To build on our continued growth, we are now looking to expand our Audit and Assurance team, for which we are seeking an Assurance Manager (Insurance Industry) with implementation of IFRS 17 experience.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of our growth strategy in the insurance sector.
- Delivering on the following service offerings to clients within the competencies listed above, with a specific focus on IFRS 17 delivery.
- Business impact assessments and gap analysis.
- Technical accounting opinions and advice.
- Development of financial reporting templates, financial statements, and general ledger configurations.
- Liaising with internal and external experts (Actuarial).
- Developing expertise in other International Financial Reporting Standards that impact insurers, including IFRS 9, IFRS 13, and IFRS 15.
- Actively supporting in identifying sales opportunities in the insurance market and contributing to the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations for these clients.
- Identifying innovative solutions on projects/engagements to enhance/renew service offerings to the client.
- Preparing and delivering training material to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to thought leadership and sharing of knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues, and teams.
- Managing client engagements and maintaining oversight of all engagements/projects within the sphere of responsibility.
- Acting as a coach/mentor in developing team members and counselees on an ongoing basis.
- Empowering analysts through appropriate delegation of work.
- Strong Project management and interpersonal skills.
-A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience (CA/ACCA/CPA).
-Able to manage a team of professionals.
-Professional verbal and written business communication skills
Applications for this position are now closed