Job No: IA072022
Job type: Full Time
Categories: Business risk servicesApply for this position
The Grant Thornton team continues to grow its market presence across Bahrain, supporting dynamic clients to unlock value through the diverse services which we offer. In response to our continued growth, we are now looking to expand our Business Risk Services team, for which we are seeking an audit Auditor/Audit Senior.
The Auditor/Audit Senior must exhibit high standards of professional and social ethics and must accept full responsibility as the in-charge accountant for audit engagements of varying size and complexity to include, planning and coordinating the various phases of the field work, directing and reviewing the work of a number of assistants, and making decision on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Performs and supervises audits assigned to them. This includes planning, coordinating and directing audits of considerable scope and complexity. Performs related work as required.
- Any other responsibility that Managers / Director/Partners may define in due course of operations.
- Support in performing risk assessments and develop internal audit plan for internal audit clients
- Plans and performs detailed audit fieldwork in accordance with approved internal audit process covering audit scope, program, resources and audit techniques and documents results of detailed audit field work conducted:
- Analyses and assesses audit risks and findings, ensures adequacy of underlying evidences and working paper files obtained, develops appropriate and practical recommendations and discusses with the Team Leader and the auditee divisions.
- Prepares Internal Audit Reports summarizing audit field work conducted, audit risks and issues reported, recommendations.
- Trains and leads junior auditors and their development.
- Working knowledge of business processes, key risks and controls in the diverse industries
- Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with the clients to enhance the reputation of the internal audit activities
- Deliver all engagements in complete, accurate and timely manner.
Decision Making Authority
- In coordination with Manager, Senior Manager, Director & Partners
- Strong client relations and ability to perform new jobs
- Recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of internal audit issues and recommend appropriate means for obtaining compliance.
- Ability to gain cooperation of clients in completing the audit and in implementing the recommendations contained in the audit report.
- Have responsibility and enjoy the challenges of various industries.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- With Strong communication skills (Speaking and Writing) and Client focus
- Ability to meet client deadlines
- Ability to withstanding work pressure
- Three years post qualification (CIA/CA/ACCA/CPA).
- Strong knowledge of Risk Based Internal Audits and IIA standards
- Able to manage team of up to 2-3 staff.
Advertised: 21 Jul 2022 Arab Standard Time
Application close: 30 Aug 2022 Arab Standard Time