- Internal Audit – Senior job
Job description – Bahrain
The Grant Thornton team continues to grow its market presence across Bahrain, supporting dynamic clients to unlock value through the diverse services which we offer. In response to our continued growth, we are now looking to expand our business risk services, for which we are seeking a senior professional to support the internal audit practice. The suitable candidate will be responsible for working alongside the Business Risk Partner to deliver the following:
- Plan, coordinate and manage audits across diverse industries that are complex in scope.
- Support the performance of risk assessments, whilst developing internal audit plans.
- Plan and perform comprehensive audit fieldwork in accordance with the approved internal audit process.
- Analyze and assess audit risks and findings, ensuring the adequacy of underlying evidence and working paper which are leveraged to develop and communicate appropriate and practical recommendations for key stakeholders.
- Prepare internal audit reports in accordance with our international standards.
- Recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of internal audit issues and recommend appropriate means for obtaining compliance.
- Has the potential to grow and develop colleagues within the internal audit practice.
- Deliver all engagements in association with our required quality standards and timelines.
Key skills and attributes required:
- Ability to build meaningful and strong relationships with clients, authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Able to gain trust and collaboration of clients in both completing the audit and implementing recommendations.
- Working knowledge of business processes, key risks, and controls across diverse industries.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team.
- Has a growth driven mindset and able to innovate current processes.
- Can build relationships with international peers and adopt best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience (CIA/CA/ACCA/CPA).
- Robust knowledge of Risk Based Internal Audits and IIA standards.
- Able to manage a team of professionals.
- Professional communication skills in English which include verbal and written.