Over the past few years local and global real estate markets have experienced significant changes.
There have been fluctuations in local demand in this sector due to shifting demographics, government initiative for public housing and infrastructure projects, changes in global economics, the drive for sustainability and the advent of technology. These factors have prompted a vigorous response from Bahrain businesses seeking to capitalise on new opportunities.
At Grant Thornton, we follow an approach which is strategically aligned with the fast evolving, complex and multifaceted nature of this sector. We assist clients in managing business risks by delivering insights and value-added audit and assurance services. Utilising our multi-domain expertise, we help businesses meet their regulatory requirements and tailor our services to the needs of the business.
Our credentials in the sector are reinforced by our long association with leaders in the sector, our active involvement in leading real-estate organisations and dissemination of regular thought-publications based on educated research.
Solutions for real estate and construction companies
Real estate is a complex business. Owing to its capital intensive nature, any turbulence in the economic and business environment can impact a real estate business in a number of ways.
Supporting your strategic ambitions
- Formulating new strategies by challenging and exploring your strategic options
- Evaluating new markets, new ventures and commercial opportunities, with feasibility studies and financial projection analysis
- Planning and implementing strategic transactions including mergers, bolt-on acquisitions and disposals
- Delivering commercial due diligence services to assist you in making the right “business calls” with potential transactions
- Providing valuations to support board decisions on organic growth, acquisitions and JV opportunities
- Considering your tax position at every stage
- Identifying the most suitable exit strategy to maximise value
Supporting your expansion plans
- Supporting new market entry, leveraging the 135+ member firms globally within Grant Thornton network
- Designing and helping you execute your international expansion plan
- Undertaking customised market/regulatory due diligence on potential markets
- Planning global tax structures and transfer pricing policies
Managing business risk
- Delivering insightful, value-added audits to reassure stakeholders and support your strategic goals
- Supporting boardroom decisions around strategy risk
- Minimising disruption and loss from business critical events and disputes
- Mitigating fraud, bribery and corruption risks
- Delivering outsourced internal audit services and challenging the control environment
Help you become ‘compliant’
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and responding to regulatory investigations
- Evaluating the impact of the VAT on your business
- Diagnosing your existing accounting policies and procedures and how to be ready for IFRS
- Understanding of how to make the most of the Companies Act, 2011, Corporate Governance Code, and recent RERA compliance
- Benchmarking the efficiency of day to day operations
- Identifying opportunities for direct cost savings
- Outsourcing back-office functions and manpower optimisation
- Evaluating and improving your supply chain efficiency
- Improving working capital management through process improvement and tax planning
- Social & Environmental (S&E) due diligence
- IT system review, selection and implementation
- Visioning /objective setting for companies to help you take your strategic imperatives to all employees
- Ensuring that you have the right people in the right roles, being rewarded at the right level
- Organisation structuring / restructuring for efficiency and accountability
- Employee satisfaction surveys to gauge organisational behaviour
- Incentive design & implementation (short term / long term) to motivate, attract and retain your key talent
- Designing career management / progression systems to let employees have better visibility of their future with you
- Balanced scorecard creation & implementation
Services We Oﬀer
Strong cross border connections have led to an increased demand from our clients for our global capabilities. Rapidly growing businesses are either operating internationally or planning cross border expansions. This creates a need to adapt to challenging market conditions, dealing with complex events, transactions and restructuring.
As a global organization we focus on providing the best-in-class services designed to deliver real value and support investor conﬁdence. We use the same tools, methodologies, training and standards across geographies to ensure consistency and cohesion. And our scale and depth means we have credible teams in all jurisdictions.